Job name: Backend Developer
Industry: Media & Entertainment
Experience: All Level
Job type: Full Time
The media industry has been slow to embrace the cloud because of the heavy duty transcoding and logistic workflows involving terabyte-scale media files. We work with Hollywood studios and post production houses, as well as the major cloud providers AWS, Azure and IBM to develop an innovative groundbreaking solution that enables the transition to the cloud and disrupt the industry. If microservices, massive parallel architectures, distributed systems, image processing, AI, media editing tools are food for your soul, this is the place to be. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the cloud is what we do.
• Our frontend clients are build with React and test automation with cypress.io.
• Our APIs are built with GraphQL.
• Our backend (micro)services are build with Typescript and node.js.
• Our data sits in Postgres, Redis and Elasticsearch.
• We use SQS and SWF to orchestrate our services.
• We run in Docker containers over Kubernetes auto scalable clusters (100s of nodes per cluster).
• We use Terraform and Helm for infrastructure set up and tear down and replication.
• We use CircleCI for our automated continuous integration process.
• The code sits on Github and we use Jira and Confluence to track work and documentation.
• We are open minded and always looking for new tools or technologies that can make our life easier or bring innovation.
• You have a passion for technology and solving difficult problems.
• You understand data structures and algorithms and it’s your second nature to put yourself in the computer’s shoes.
• You are intrigued by how things work and are always hungry to learn new things.
• You are determined to grow and understand that the only way to do it is to step out of your comfort zone.
• You are excited to work with brilliant people and to share great ideas.
• You adapt.
• You are fast.
• You get the job done.
As you can see, we have no hard requirements on your previous technology stack or years of experience. We are ultimately looking for the most brilliant people, at any level, who are challenged by disrupting the video content logistics industry.
You will be part of the engineering team in Bucharest. We need you to:
• Design and build new features and systems within our platform.
• Fix and improve existing features.
• Review other people’s code and design.
• Exposure to particularly challenging problems and cutting edge technologies.
• Above market salary.
• Stock options package.
• Fun, dynamic environment.
• Flexible working hours and location.
• Private health insurance.
• Office @ Victoriei